Friday, September 30, 2011

new calling (august)

One Sunday in August we left church and I said to Dave, " I think I am getting a calling in the Relief Society. I thing I am going to teach the lessons." We kind of just laughed and our conversation turned somewhere else and that was that. We didn't think too much of it.

The next Sunday, sure enough Bishop Bench called me into his office and offered me a calling...to teach Relief Society.  Naturally Dave and I laughed out loud (So far I have a good track record of knowing my calling before hand,  and I think he is really amused by it).

I was set apart the next week and in my blessing I promised that my "mind would be quickened so I could teach the sisters, health for my and my baby, and that I would make great friendships in this ward. Even friendships that will last through the eternities!"  I was really excited about the last part, just being in a new place and not knowing a soul I really want to make good friends. As I thought about that line in the blessing a woman in the ward came to my mind. I had not met her, just seen her at church, taking care of her cute little babies, and then the thought was gone and my mind was off thinking about something else as the bishop finished the blessing.

I met that woman a 2 weeks ago.  Her name is Amber. She is my visiting teacher. She came by herself, since Sister Bench was not feeling well that night. We got along great and had a good conversation. I can definitely see us being friends. I don't know why she came to mind on that particular part of my blessing. Maybe they have no relation at all, but maybe they do...

No comments:

Post a Comment