Friday, September 2, 2011

settling in and random memories of the year

We started getting in the swing of things and got back to the real world. Dave worked at Mountain Star Cardiovascular, and I was at Stein Erikson in Park City, as well as a chiropractors office (which was at our apartment building, it was a minute walk to work for me). Dave started the arduous task of applying to med school, and had those complete by mid January. We were glad we cut some corners at our wedding so we had the funds to pay for his applications! (Davi and Cass, take the money over the big fancy party!!!) Dave was busy as the 2nd councilor in the Young Men's, and I was busy in Primary for a few months, then as the 2nd councilor in the Young Women's.


Dave totally went all our for my birthday! He surprises me at home with a  Bruno Mars serenade, presents and cake. Then wisked me off for our romantic couples massage at an awesome down town spa. Starting with a mini pedi, one hour massage, bath with cheesecake and beverage. It was perfect! Then to dinner at Typhoon, cause I always gave him a hard time about going there without me, and taking  Joe and Kristin (my roommate) to celebrate her getting accepted to grad school. They just couldn't wait for me to get home from work.  Ha ha. He really loves to spoil me, and I don't really mind!






The first Saturday in December we went to clean the ward with the Primary. After cleaning I went to the gym and started shooting around with Tiger, one of the boys in my class. I remember I jumped and while in the air I squared up my shoulders, but tuned my body in the process and while in mid air, I felt my back go out and start to spasm. I knew that coming down was going to kill me and it nearly did. I almost dropped to the ground! Long story short, I was out for a good week where I literally could not walk. I completely relied on Dave. He fed me, gave me my pills, helped me to the bathroom and when he had to go back to work, he would pack me a cute little lunch and bring it to me in bed. He was so great! I could not have survived with out him. It was probably the most miserable time of my life and I'm so glad he was there to help me through it!


Oh CHRISTMAS! We bought anything and everything for each other. We both had the mentality that we won't be able to have another Christmas like this for 10 years, so we might as well go all out this year! It was so much fun. We had 3 Christmas,  plus Christmas week and post Christmas! We opened a present every day the week of Christmas, since we didn't want to travel with all those gifts. Then had Christmas with my family (Dave got a gun from my dad, guess that means he is officially part of the family). Then Christmas with the Murphy's in January when we got home, and then we opened more presents from each other. It was like a bottomless hole under the tree. So much fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment