Thursday, January 19, 2012

as of today...

My midwife predicts that Poppy won't be here for a few more weeks, even though I'm at 39 weeks right now. Dave can breath a sigh of relief since he is scheduled to take the MCAT on Jan 27th, which is her due date, but Kat thinks it will be longer then that.

After palpating my belly, Kat also predicts that our "little" girl won't be so little. She thinks she will be around 22 inches and AT LEAST 9 lbs! AHHH!!! When I told Dave, he jokingly said, "Its not too late to go to the hospital and get the drugs!" Ha ha ha, what he doesn't know is that the thought had already crossed my mind!

So I guess we'll see if Kat's years of experience also helps her predict the future!

I am feeling much better these days. Kat has changed my diet, put me on the Brewers diet, which is great for pre eclampsia, and has really been helping. I also did a 3 day magnesium flush with really helped relieve the swelling. My feet look like regular pregnant swelling instead of the gigantic boots I was wearing before. I am supposed to start walking now to help the baby drop, and now that my feet will actually fit into some shoes, I am anxious to start walking and get this baby here!!!

1 comment:

  1. Jess, I am so excited for you! Can't wait to meet Little Miss Poppy! Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete