Monday, January 23, 2012

Baby Name

We have officially decided on a name for Poppy. I know many of you have asked if we are naming her Poppy, and we are not. We want to give her as many chances as possible to love us during her teenage years. Ha Ha Ha. He name will be... Milana Kaye Murphy. We both love the nick name Mila, so that was our starting point. Since Dave served in the Milan mission, it seemed perfect! My moms middle name is K, so we decided to spruce it up a bit and carry on a family name. We really had a hard time choosing a middle name. Not a lot of names flow well will Milana, most didn't sound "pretty enough" next to her first name, while others made her name too extravagant, especially the Italian names we were thinking of, so I think this is a prefect, somewhere in the middle, middle name!

I've been not writing as much because I feel like every thing I write is kind of doom and gloom these days. I am just so miserable all the time, and who wants to read about that? Well, I do and I want a record of this pregnancy, so bear with me while I complain again...For the past 2 months or so I have been dealing with pregnancy carpal tunnel! It is driving me crazy. Its really bad in the right hand (of course). My hand constantly tingles and feels like its asleep. My fingers feel like they are 3 times their sizes because of the numbness. Using my hand is painful. Grabbing things out of the fridge, turning on the water in the shower even brushing by teeth hurts. Often I will get a big zinger that goes all the way up my arm. Sleeping is near impossible with my hands constantly burning. Ahhh its just all so annoying. I was talking with my mom and I told her it seems that I have/had almost all the negative side effects a woman can have during pregnancy! Every day my body gets weaker and easy tasks become more arduous. I am so glad I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, cause I don't know how much longer I can do this.

Back to being positive, our ward threw me a baby shower last week and Poppy made out pretty well. The ward was so generous I couldn't believe it! Every thing from baby supplies to onsies to outfits to adorable home made quilts! The gifts just kept coming, and I will be forever grateful for our ward family and the friends we have made while living here in Henderson.

                                                her crib over floweth!

1 comment:

  1. Love the name! I think Poppy is cute too :) But I think you guys made a great choice. Good luck! And I can't believe that picture of you feet! I'm so sorry. Hope she comes soon!

    ReplyDelete