Wednesday, November 30, 2011

goldenpallooza comes to an end

My golden birthday has come and gone, but it will always be a memorable one for sure! David spoils me waaay too much, and this year was no exception. I continued to draw my "gift"every day and every day it was a surprise! Among my favorites are (still) the foot rubs! He has no idea how much I love them! My feet ache so much, I couldn't ask for anything more then a foot rub! By the end of the month, he has gotten REALLY good at them! One morning I drew "Dave the poet" he wrote a poem about me and read it to me. It was so sweet and mushy-gushy! It had me in tears.  My new christmas cd is also among my favorites! Of course I can't forget the body pillow, with the snuggly cover, either. This thing is awesome and really helps me sleep better at night. I keep it on my side of the bed, cause if it was in the middle, I would be fighting him for it all night! ha ha  For my actually birthday, Dave brought me breakfast in bed. Actually it was more like brunch in bed ha ha cause all I want to do is sleep these days. French toast made with Texas toast (seriously the best french toast I have ever had!) and turkey sausage with orange juice! My favorite breakfast foods. It was delish! My day was casual, more like dragging,(which included a nap. Thats right I said a nap, even though I woke up around 10, I was ready for a nap by 1 ha ha) and before I knew it Dave was home from school. While I went to the store, Dave cooked me dinner. I don't know why he has been hiding this secret talent of his, but it is time for it to come out! He made us rosemary lemon cornish game hens, artichokes and yummy Italian garlic bread. Every thing was cooked to perfection! It was like I was at a 5 star restaurant. The flavors blended perfectly together. Seriously, soooo good! And for dessert, my absolute favorite, a sonyo from Carrabbas! Layers of brownie cake, chocolate mouse and whipped cream with chocolate sauce drizzled on top. MMMmmmm!  He really out did him self! I choose to stay home for the rest of the night. We watched a movie at home, instead of going out. It was perfect! I felt like a queen being waited on hand and foot. Thanks Boo for such a great birthday and a way fun birthday month!


While I am talking about how awesome Dave is, I might as well keep going. He would probably never tell anyone this, cause he just isn't like that, so I guess that is what wives are for right? To totally brag about their husbands when ever they get the chance. Despite his little freak out right after blocks, Dave is doing awesome at school! He is going to pass all his classes! Which we are finding out is not the case for most of his classmates. Many of them are going to have to remediate a class or two. These classes are tough, and Dave makes it look easy! He just told me that in Anatomy, he only missed 3 or 4 questions on the final! That is pretty amazing in and of itself, but then he told me that there were only 6 people in the entire class that even passed the test, and of course he is one of them! Dang boy! So proud of my man!

After re-reading this post, I realize that when Dave reads this he is going to get a big head about how awesome he is, as we can't have that now can we? Ha Ha, so to include a minor and freaking funny detail I left out earlier, Dave practically burt the house down while cooking my birthday dinner! Ha Ha Seriously I had to evacuate the premises because the smoke was SO thick I could NOT breath. He had steamed one artichoke and just put the second one in. He didn't check to see if there was enough water left in the bottom pan for the second one, and unfortunately there wasn't.  He just plopped it in and went on cooking. He was putting a few things away in the fridge and in 2 seconds it was pure smoke in the kitchen. The pan basically started cooking itself. Ha Ha Ha Ha. It was the funkiest smell ever! Burnt artichoke with teflon. Ha Ha. We opened every window and door and took the pan outside. We were coughing so hard cause the smoke was so thick. Fire alarms were going off like crazy and our neighbor even came to check on us it was so bad. The bottom off the pan was bubbling and completely ruined.  The smell was not going away and there was no saving the pan. I didn't want to be eating the bottom of the pan for the next few meals. Ha Ha. Man+Kitchen=Adventure=Yummy food despite the adventure!!! Ha Ha. Still proud of him though, and he is still just as awesome!

1 comment:

  1. I'm also aware of your husbands sheer awesomeness when it comes to difficult things. When he and I were in school, all I would ever hear about from the music majors I knew was how tough musicianship and theory were. But apparently, he never had to study or practice and it was never much of a challenge for him. He has such a natural talent for music. When he finds something that's really hard for him, I want to know about it. He's making the rest of us look bad:) Keep it up, Murph!

    ReplyDelete