Saturday, November 12, 2011

random thoughts since I've written last...

First, an update on my birthday pallooza! Its been the best birthday ever! Every morning Dave brings his little box of "gifts" for me to draw one. Is been so fun, and he has been really creative in his gift giving.  Some of his gifts have been...a foot rub (my favorite), he's made dinner, rented a movie and bought me a treat, gave me a cute little outfit for poppy, I got a guitar lesson (which I love as well, I took lessons once and, well you know how life gets, so hopefully he can help me pick that back up again), he bought me a scrabble board (ha ha I think he bought it for himself though).  We are always playing words with friends and I think out of 100 games he has beat me twice. Maybe he thinks that with an actual board he'll have an advantage? Ha Ha Doubt it! If you can't see the score you Dave: 189 Me: 321. Ha ha. Keep trying boo boo!



 He gave me a gift certificate for a 60 min deep tissue massage with an additional 30 min foot rub (heaven!!!) I even drew a wild card, which means I can choose whatever I want for my day, so I chose to have the carpets cleaned. (They have been looking pretty scary these days)

       
                       (now that is sexy!!!)
I know in my little box I will be drawing an ultrasound of poppy so we can once and for all find out what this baby is!!! Unfortunately I haven't drawn it yet. This has been so much fun and I can't wait to see what the next half of my birthday month has in store!


Last night we went to the temple.  We were the last ones to leave the Celestial room. As we were leaving the cute little worker stopped up and said " You two are a beautiful couple. You look like a couple of movie stars. You are just stunning.  Your husband is striking. You are just beautiful together." I just about burst into tears right then and there!!! I wanted to pick her up and put her in my pocket and take her home with me. She was so sweet and I am sure she was inspired to say that, cause I'm definitely not feeling that way, quite the opposite actually. Pregnancy is taking its tole on my body and my self esteem.    And it doesn't matter how many compliments Dave gives, I just can't always believe him because 1. he is my husband and HAS to say those things to me and 2. Its not what I see when I look in the mirror. I don't know why hearing that from a total stranger is so nice, but it just is. If you are a woman, you know what I mean. I felt like that was just a little tender mercy, as silly and vain as it may seem.  Its nice to know the Lord is aware of even our simplest needs and sends others to lift us up when we need a boost.

Dave has survived another block week. He studied so hard! We hardly saw each other. I could squeeze about a half hour out of him for dinner and that was about it. He took his Physiology test on Monday, Bio-Chem on Wednesday and Anatomy on Thursday (well only half of it because the computers all crashed when they got to a particular answer, so he will finish anatomy next Wednesday) any how he felt really good about Physiology and felt pretty bad about Bio-Chem. He got his Physio scores back and they were not what he expected. They were lower then he was hoping for. Which was fine, but then he really started to question himself about Bio-Chem. He was positive he was going to fail the class. He was so down on himself. I felt so bad for him, but just kept telling him to wait and see his scores, and I kept reassuring him that he would still get into the DO program next year. He was all doom and gloom, jumping the gun and assuming he was out of the running for next year. He was saying things like, "what am I going to do? I don't want to be a Physicians Assistant, or a Physical Therapist, or a Naturalpath, I just want to be a DO!" I told him to keep his blinders on and not worry about other careers right now. It will all work out. Last night he got his Bio-Chem scores...he got an 80% on his test! Yahoo! Who gets an 80 in Bio-Chem? Freaking geniuses thats who! In a snap of a finger, the old Dave was back and happy as ever. Nice to have him back. I am glad we are there for each other to help out when we have those freak out moments. These last few days really opened my eyes to the pressure Dave feels to suceed and accomplish his goals. I am so proud of him and all the hard work he does!






               

No comments:

Post a Comment