Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I got the fever!

I totally have the house buying fever!!!  So since we have been in Vegas, we have discovered that so many houses have gone up for foreclosure in the last few years. Bummer for those people who lost their houses, yeah for us poor college students who can now afford to buy one!!! A few weeks ago we went to visit my cousin and her family and I could not believe how freakin awesome her house was, so I did a little prying into their personal finances. She is a nurse and is the only one who works, her husband is in school right now. They bought their house as a foreclosure. The original owner bought the house for $350,000 (its cute, but not worth that, but I'm sure that was when the housing prices were outrageous) They bought it over a year ago for $125,000!!!! Their mortgage is WAY less then our rent!  Its got 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, nice kitchen with all the upgrades (which is the most important part of the house if you ask me) dining room (not a necessity for me, I'm too casual) just an all around great starter home! So, I totally had house envy when we left her place. Thats what got me looking around, and i think it is totally doable for us! So once Dave gets accepted to Touro for the actual DO program, the search is on!


These are a few that I have already got my eye on.  Its only the kitchen, again most important.  Whether or not they will be available in a few months, who knows! But its fun to look and get an idea of what I really like. I would really like to keep the loan around $100,000 since Dave is in school, and we will probably only be there for 4 years before we move out of state for his residency.Plus that keeps our payments around 500-600 a month! Woot Woot! No point in going all out just yet...there will be plenty of time for that in the future.  




Show Actual Size
110,000 I like this one but I would be adding a colored, textured back splash. It just seems a little too neutral. 






Show Actual Size  
 110,000 This is my least favorite kitchen. I really prefer an island, however this house has 5 bedrooms and a huge back yard (with grass ha ha). No, we don't need 5 bedrooms and we certainly don't need to pay to run the air conditioner to cool 5 bedrooms, I just can't get over the fact that a 5 bedroom house is only 110,000!


Show Actual Size  
105,000 Way cute!


Show Actual Size
102,000 I love love love the dark wood with the stainless steel appliances! But, no granite counter tops? Come on! Ha Ha Ha I guess I could live without. This one for sure needs an island (if you are up for it Dad?). 




Show Actual Size
109, 000 ISLAND




Show Actual Size
99, 000 This is my favorite! Even though it is the smallest of all the kitchens, it just seems so welcoming plus the rest of the house is way cute as well. Maybe its because the counters are completely cleared off, just like I like my kitchen to be, NO CLUTTER! So I can easily imagine its mine. Love it!


While I am dreaming, I might as well keep going. These are my DREAM kitchens! Some day...right Babe?
gorgeous dream kitchen design






traditional multi functional kitchen island


I LOVE the refrigerator disguised as cupboards! And the double oven. I had one of those in my last house and it was awesome!




minus the funky vineyard pictures!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome!! I can't believe house prices are that low! Maybe we'll sell and move down there :)

    ReplyDelete